Deviled Egg Salad
- 12 eggs, hard boiled* and peeled
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp cider, white wine or sherry vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon of Tabasco or other hot sauce (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (more or less to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
To hard boil eggs, place them in saucepan and cover them with at least an inch of water. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat, cover, and let sit for 10 to 12 minutes.
Chop the eggs coarsely and put them into a large bowl. Add the green onion, celery, red bell pepper.
In small bowl, mix together the mayo, mustard, vinegar and Tabasco. Gently stir the mayo dressing into the bowl with the eggs and vegetables. Add the paprika and salt and black pepper, adjust seasonings to taste.
Best served chilled.