Who wouldn’t love orange glazed chicken wings? Celebrate the orange!See Recipe »
Just in time for sweet, sweet summertime.
In honor of Cupcake Lover’s Day here are five food finds about cupcakes:
- Cupcake liners do more than make it easy to remove them from the pan. Traditionally, sides of tins are greased for easy removal, but also floured because the batter needs to have something to cling to. A cupcake liner takes care of both.
- On August 15, 2009 GourmetGiftBaskets.com broke the world record for largest cupcake ever made. The cupcake was 1,224 pounds, 4 foot tall by 10 foot wide, and had 2 million calories.
- One of the most popular cupcake bakery’s in the U.S. is Crumbs in New York City.
- The first mention of a cupcake recipe goes as far back as 1796. Amelia Simms wrote a recipe in “American Cookery” which referenced, “a cake to be baked in small cups”.
- However, it wasn’t until 1828 that the actual word cupcake was used by Eliza Leslie in her cookbook “Seventy-five Receipts for Pastry, Cakes, and Sweetmeats”.
There’s nothing to be crabby about with these burgers.
I think your guests will enjoy the iconic stars and stripes design provided by the fresh blueberries and strawberries. USA! USA! USA!”See Recipe »
Summer was made for this.
Eco-minded chefs are cooking with wild American shrimp, but not just for ethical reasons. As Tory McPhail of Commander’s Palace in New Orleans says, “They taste cleaner and crisper, since they swim in the tides.”See Recipe »
A traditional recipe with olive oil, ground cumin and tahini. This recipe is creamy and deliciousSee Recipe »
The easy hack for making these is outta this world!
This Garlic Parmesan Roasted Asparagus is made with just a few simple ingredients and makes a perfectly delicious side dish for any meal!See Recipe »